PROFIT: Orthopaedic Knee Replacement
Problem:Typical orthopaedic knee replacement is an off-the-shelf-knee implant which requires removal of bone and tissue with the need of re-intervention. This operation compromises natural motion and causes residual pain and limitations.
NEED Statement: Enables patient-specific knee implant designed based on personal anatomy of patient.
Beneficiary: Surgeon, Patient
- Utilize CT scan data
- Use proprietary software
- Individualized implant design for each patient
- Use special cutting guides for incision
- Perform surgery
- Offers “Perfect fit” instead “Close fit”.
- Limited trauma
- Alleviated discomfort with recovery of natural motion
- Increased rate of successful surgeries