Development of Proposal for improvement of Brachytherapy Procedure
Problem:Patient has to be shifted from transport bed to MR/CT table as well as radiation therapy bed. These movement increase risk of catheter movement.
NEED Statement: A multifunctional transport bed with integrated stretcher and vacuum mattress is proposed as a solution.
Beneficiary: Patient, Assistant surgeon, Nurse
- A vacuum mattress is used for immobilization of the patient in case of spine injury. Also ensures patient's stabilization due to simple slats and strap.
- A slightly bigger than normal size stretcher is constructed so that the patient can be positioned on the top of the operation/transport bed and then the whole construction would be moved slowly down to the operation table without shaking.
- A vacuum mattress is added on the surface of the stretcher in order to keep the patient lying in stable position.
- Movement of catheter caused by carrying patient and patient motion can be avoided.
- Lesser chance of injury during transporting patient from one bed to another
- Less workload on nurse and other medical staff at OR during surgery
Please evaluate our project here
Go back to All project
For furthur query about the project, please contact here