Dialysis: review and innovation
Problem: IV access is not always successful on the first attempt leading to cause complications due to extra attempts by surgeon and extra wounds on patient
NEED Statement: Introduce a system that can integrate ultrasonic imaging smoothly into vascular access procedure.
Beneficiary: Patient, Surgeon, Nurse
- The system would be composed of: An attachment point for an ultrasound probe, linked to a system capable of performing Doppler ultrasonography to quickly locate and discriminate veins and arteries
- A needle guide, adjustable in depth and approach angle, able to accommodate needle sizes and formats that are widely used in vascular access. Advancement of the needle would be performed manually
- An algorithm or add-on to the ultrasound system software, which would compare the diameter of a previously saved target blood vessel to the current image, and inform the system operator if the system is no longer aligned to the center of the target blood vessel.
- Useful for medical staff for basic access for vascular treatments
- Reduce complication rate and average procedure time
- Affordable as it does not contain complex components and ultrasound probes have already achieved widespread deployment in hospitals
- Market demand is quite large as vascular access is needed in all major surgeries
Please evaluate our project here
Go back to All project
For furthur query about the project, please contact here