Wearable laser pointer ring
Problem: Surgeon has no gear to point on the video monitor to discuss with his assistants.
NEED Statement: Introduce a wearable and easy to use laser pointer ring to point at the screen while performing surgery.
Beneficiary: Surgeon, Assistant surgeon, Nurse
Description: Salient attributes of the laser pointer ring:
- Ring: Adjustable with respect to size of the finger and wearable
- Button: Having buttons on both sides will make it more convenient for the user. It can be pressed by finger on either side
- Laser: Strong enough to point on the monitor. Class 1 laser ensures safety in all the environments of OR
- Design: Its design will not affect multitasking of the surgeon, sterilizable and could be used for multiple purposes
- Time-saving and easy to use device
- No need to train OR staff prior to surgery
- Enhances efficiency of overall performance of surgery