A robotic arm to aid to place probe
Problem: Difficult to position ultrasound probe at the rectum of patient due to lack of degree of freedom
NEED Statement: A robotic arm is introduced to place the probe into patient’s rectum by reducing discomfort for the patient and enabling better positioning of the probe with more degrees of freedom.
Description: A robotic arm with the following attributes:
- Arm with at least four nodes
- Joystick for maneuvering the arm
- A handler to move it manually by hand
- Fixating points (locking) to achieve more stability in the required position
- A robotic arm would increase degrees of freedom for maneuvering the probe increasing accuracy of the treatment
- Provide a more comfortable intervention procedure for the doctor.
- Time saving