Automated C Arm movement system
Problem:Surgeon has to stretch his hand for manipulating C-arm positions and movements.
NEED Statement: Develop an infrared LED system to maneuver C arm position automatically.
Beneficiary:Surgeon, Assistant surgeon
- For controlling c-arm movements, during the time of image acquisition the relative position of the patient and the C-arm is measured and stored in position memory (in computer).
- Special cameras are used to accurately track the positions of opto-electronically trackable marker shields containing infrared (IR) light-emitting diodes (LEDs) which are affixed to the C-arm.
- The LEDs on shield are detected by the camera which monitors C-arm movement, position memory calculates the C-arm position in the coordinate space of tracking system.
- The C-arm movement is then calibrated and registered with the stitched image
- Allows surgeon to easily manipulate C-arm simply by using the scroll bars on a touch screen.
- Possible to move the C-arm automatically in desired direction and make exposure with or without contrast agent
Please evaluate our project here
Go back to All project
For furthur query about the project, please contact here