A four-way adaptor for interventional Procedures in Nuclear Medicines
Problem:Difficult procedure to inject radioactive material into body for Selective Internal Radiation Therapy (SIRT).
NEED Statement: A four-way adaptor is designed to perform sandwich technique enabling doctors to not change syringe each time.
Beneficiary: Surgeon, Patient
- The process is performed in angiographic suite where the angiographic C-arm is used for imaging
- Inject contrast agent to differentiate between normal liver volume and tumor
- The sequential administration of contrast medium, followed by glucose solution and then yttrium-90 microspheres then again glucose and contrast medium
- Take images under guidance of fluoroscopic C-arm
- This adaptor contains a switch with which doctor can change flow direction and choose required syringe
- Small and easy to fit for standard size of syringes
- Reduces setup time for the nurse
- No need to change syringe every time