LapGuide™: An autonomous robot-assisted camera guidance system for laparoscopy
Problem:Poor laparoscopic positioning due to miscommunication between surgeon and assistant is an unnecessary stress factor and potential source of errors.
NEED Statement: Introduce a robotic assistant which uses a camera guidance system to track down and perform autonomous laparoscope guidance.
Beneficiary: Surgeon, Assistant surgeon
Description: LapGuide™ comprises of special features:
- Instrument tracking - Real time color tracking using green markers at the end of the instruments
- Foot pedal control - Locking the position of the laparoscope as well as switching the focus
- Small size - Portable, flexible, compact and easy to set up
- Intuitive - No required training
- Manual control - Can manage repositioning by hand
Result: Enables better working condition with automatic camera alignment. Assistants have better communication with surgeon. Less assistants required per surgery.
Please evaluate our project here
Go back to All project
For furthur query about the project, please contact here