SurgeonAssist: A helper to focus more on surgery
Problem:The current system forces a surgeon to perform numerous manual movement of the patient to get better imaging. The surgeon also needs to make frequent pauses to wait for the nurse’s assistance.
NEED Statement: An integrated tool with voice and augmented reality to provide the capability of having control through voice and visualize body path through augmented reality..
Beneficiary: Surgeon, Assistant Surgeon
- Voice recognition commands (managing bed/ make phone call to Superior surgeon).
- Projecting 3D models and 2D slices to patient body.
- Sending images to make an agreement with superior surgeon.
- Acting as a translator between patient and surgeon.
- Send Screenshots to the senior doctor (no hassle of running out of OR).
- Take better images by initializing the CT scanner movement.
- Pull patient's medical records from database.
- Helps to make projections over the patient for the estimation.
- Helps in moving bed at optimal position.
- Document the procedure for administrative records reducing the time spent on documentation.